Sunday, July 18, 2010

4th of July

This 4th of July was a break from tradition for us.  In the past, we would bar-b-cue and have fireworks at my parent's home. How I miss those times! But, things are very different with my Mother being gone and my Dad being remarried. So, this year, we were invited to our good friends (the Pursers) to bar-b-cue and have fireworks.  It was good times, good food and good company. Mike cooked bratwurst and we had homemade ice cream made by Stacie and lemon pound cake made by Bonnie. Yummy!  The kids had fun doing fireworks and just hanging out together! We are so thankful for our friendship with the Pursers. They are like family to us.

 Jack Purser, Ashley Jones, Samantha Purser

 Karrie & Ashley Jones, Samantha & Noah Purser

Sparklers

Watching Fireworks



2 comments:

Being Breta said...

Sounds like a fun Fourth! I enjoyed seeing you when you were in California in June!

Amy said...

I'm glad you had such a good time, but I sure missed seeing you!