Sunday, January 17, 2010

Christmas 2009


We spent Christmas Eve at my Dad's house. Amy and Katelynn were there, but Wes stayed home with Elizabeth because she was sick. We had a nice dinner and watched my video of Christmas 2000. In the video, Ashley and Austin were babies, and Karrie was just a little girl. My Mother was so sweet to watch! She enjoyed her Grandkids so much! I am so thankful that I have video of my Mother with my girls, so we can always watch them and remember the special times of years past!!
Christmas morning Grandma and Grandpa Jones came to watch the girls open presents. Some of Karrie's presents were: purple converse, video games, board games, clothes, etc. Some of Ashley's presents were: lots of Barbie dolls, a baby doll, clothes, down comforter, etc. Bonnie and Mike's presents were: a Cricut, a jigsaw, cash, and the best present was a new scanner. After opening presents we headed up to Grandma and Grandpa Jones'. We had a yummy breakfast, opened presents, and played the traditional candy bar game. We had so much fun being with family and visiting! The highlight was being able to meet Josh's fiance Kelli. They are getting married on March 13th, and we are so happy and excited for them! She is a beautiful and sweet girl!
We went to see my Dad (Grandpa Shaw) around 4:30 pm. His fiance, Faye was with him. We visited for about 30 minutes, and then my Dad left to go have dinner at Faye's with her family. So, we went to visit my Mother's (Grandma Shaw) grave. It was my first Christmas without my Mother and I really missed her. I know that I will always miss her, but I hope it will get better with time.

1 comment:

Being Breta said...

What a nice way wo spend Christmas!
Happy New Year!